Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Who are you?
Who are you  to make me feel this way?

What gives you permission?
When did you take up residence in my head?
Did you sneak in through my heart while it was bleeding?

How dare you take advantage of my weakness.
How dare you trespass on my person.
How did you become so bold?

So familiar you feel.
So aware of my details.
Intimate with my thoughts

You were here all along.
You, who torment my soul.
Weighing my heart heavy.
Deadening my thoughts.
Muffling my heart‘s song.
Driving this internal pain.

Are you loneliness?
Is your name Despair?

Are you an occupier? Are you a conqueror?
Will you rape me and ravage the countryside that is my soul?
Will there be anything left after you leave?

Does my heart have a chance?
Does my brain have a choice?
Does my soul have a  path?

How can I possibly compete?
What perverse game is this?
Is simply surviving a victory?

No comments:

Post a Comment